JOB POST: Legal Counsel (Disputes & Litigation) at Wipro [5-8 Years PQE]
Wipro is hiring for the role of Legal Counsel for Disputes & Litigation to join its office in Bengaluru.
Wipro is a multinational corporation that provides information technology, consultant and business process services. It is one of the leading Big Tech companies.
About the Opportunity
This is an on-site job opportunity based in Bangalore. The role here will demand:
- Assist in all facets of litigation, including pre-disputes, fact investigation, drafting legal responses, responding to subpoenas and other discovery requests, preparing witnesses for testimony, and negotiating and drafting settlements
- Perform legal work in-house whenever possible
- Interact with outside counsel, including, budgets and invoices, compliance with outside counsel guidelines, and work product
- Draft succinct, practical legal advice
- Identify, review, analyze, manage, and resolve pre-disputes
- Implement, and enforce company policies on eDiscovery
Roles & Responsibilities
- Respond to dispute and pre-dispute demand letters
- Counsel businesses and stakeholders on legal dispute best-practices
- Analyze case files, contracts, and documentary evidence, and carry out litigation strategy
- Conducting interviews, gathering documents and electronic records
- Coordinate and schedule depositions, hearings, trials, conferences, and meetings
- Summarize calls, set action items, and follow through to closure
- Verify information, locate evidence and exhibits
- Manage budgets, billing, and invoices
- Negotiate rates and contracts for legal services vendors
- Maintain a case management database
- Obtain copies of company and court documents
- The ideal candidate will be a law graduate with 5-8 years experience
- At least three years of Disputes experience.
- At least three years in-house at an IT services company.
- US law or Canadian law experience is a bonus.
- This role would suit a detail-oriented professional with good organizational skills and excellent English writing and oral communication skills who works well with a very diverse range of functions and is comfortable with uncertainty.
- Very strong people skills.
- Able to work independently
- Law graduate. LLM from US or Canada is a bonus.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants may apply through the link provided at the end of the post.