Call for Entries: 11th RMLNLU-Khaitan & Co International Legal Essay Writing Competition and Conference on Competition Law: Submit by August 27
RMLNLU along with Khaitan & Co is organizing an International Legal Essay Writing Competition and Conference on “Competition Law”. Entries for the same are invited from interested law students.
RMLNLU was established in 2006 to impart quality legal education to students all over the country and to meet emerging challenges in the field of law.
RMLNLU is committed to providing excellent infrastructure to its students and facilitating an environment that advances and disseminates knowledge of the law and legal processes.
It aims to develop in students and research scholars a sense of responsibility to serve society in the field of law by developing skills in advocacy and legal writing.
About Khaitan & Co
Khaitan & Co is a top-tier and full-service law firm with over 1000 legal professionals, including 240 Partners and Counsel, and a presence in India and Singapore.
With more than a century of experience in practicing law, we offer end-to-end legal solutions in diverse practice areas to our clients across the world.
We have a team of highly motivated and dynamic professionals delivering outstanding client service and expert legal advice across a wide gamut of sectors and industries.
The firm’s expertise in its practice areas has been widely recognized by various leading international rankings and publications including Chambers and Partners, Legal 500, IFLR 1000, WWL, Benchmark Litigation, and Asialaw Leading Lawyers.
Additionally, the Competition law team offers unrivaled expertise in competition law matters, which stems from a strong understanding of the Indian business environment and pragmatic commercial considerations.
The Firm has been recognized for its impeccable work in the field of Competition Law through various awards. Recently, it was recently conferred with the IBLJ Best Overall Law Firms 2023 in Competition Law Area, Global Competition Review 100 -2023 (Highly Recommended Practice), Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific – Ranked as Tier I Law Firm 2023, and Legal 500 Asia Pacific Tier I Law Firm 2023.
About the Journal Committee
The Committee was constituted with the objective of promoting legal research and writing. Apart from conducting RILEC every year, the Committee annually publishes two peer-reviewed journals – the RMLNLU Law Review and the RMLNLU Journal on CMET (Communication, Media, Entertainment, and Technology) Law.
Both these journals publish articles, essays, case notes/comments and book reviews from contributors all over the world. The RMLNLU Law Review also runs a blog that provides a platform for people in the field to express their opinions on contemporary legal issues.
Themes and Sub-themes
This year the Committee is inviting original submissions from authors in the form of essays falling within the indicated contours of the theme of the offline conference – “Competition Law”.
The list of the indicated sub-themes is given below to aid the participants:
- Assessing the Efficacy of Deal Value
- Balancing IPR and Competition Law
- Merger Control: The Introduction of the Green Channel Route
- ESG Collaboration and Competition Law concerns
- MSME & Competition law
- CCI’s Jurisdictional Issues
NOTE: Sub-themes are merely indicative in nature and not exhaustive.
Authors must be pursuing their 5-year integrated LL.B. (Hons.) course/ 3-year LL.B. course/ LL.M from any recognized university in India and an equivalent law degree abroad for the academic year of 2023-2024, to be eligible to participate in the competition.
- Co-authorship of entries (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed.
- Multiple entries for the same authors are not allowed.
- Entries should be original, unpublished, and non-plagiarised.
- Word Limit: 4000-5000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Individual Attachments: Name; contact details; current academic status (year of study, name of university, etc.); undertaking as to guarantee of originality.
- Font and size for the essay: Times New Roman – 12
- Font and size for footnotes: Times New Roman – 10
- Paper Size: A 4
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Margin: 1” from all sides
- Alignment: Justified
- Citation Style: Footnotes must be properly cited strictly in accordance with the latest OSCOLA (4th edition) format. No endnotes or speaking footnotes (descriptive footnotes) are permitted.
- Last date for submission of the manuscript: is August 27, 2023. Late entries will not be entertained.
- The dates of the offline conference will be announced soon.
How to Submit?
Entries should be emailed to email@example.com under the subject title “Entry for 11th RILEC – [Name(s) of Author(s)]” in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
Awards & Prizes
- Winner: INR 15,000/-
- First Runner-up: INR 10,000/-
- Second Runner-up: INR 5,000/-
- Authors of the top three entries will be receiving a ‘Certificate of Achievement’ and may, upon the discretion of Khaitan & Co, receive an internship opportunity as per the Internship Policy of the Firm.
- A ‘Certificate of Merit’ shall be provided to the selected entries.
- The top three entries will be published on the RMLNLU Law Review Blog.
- The top three entries may be considered for publication in the next issue of the RMLNLU Law Review Journal.
- All participants shall be receiving a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
Any queries relating to the Competition should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Priyanshi Bhageria: +91 8852012939
- Aarya Parihar: +91 6306002885
- Khushi Gupta: +91 7007619012