About FM Global
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world’s largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions.
About the Opportunity
FM Global is inviting applications from eligible candidates currently in 2L or 3L for its legal internship program in Johnston, Rhode Island.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review regulatory filing requirements and assist with organizing relevant data into work-flow software.
- Creation of duplicate corporate minute books for non-US subsidiaries.
- Assist with the preparation of corporate registry and regulatory filings
- Review and organize corporate documents with a specific focus on Asia Pacific branches.
- Contract review and assist with negotiation of new contracts coming into Corporate Affairs.
- Review and organize template legal documents on the legal drive.
- Assist with the preparation of responsive information to Finance of quarterly updates for the Comprehensive Annual Analysis.
- Review proposed client nondisclosure agreements for purposes of incorporating provisions consistent with the company standard nondisclosure form.
- Other tasks on an as-needed basis, as determined by the Corporate Affairs Division.
- Organizing legal document repository.
- Preparation of demand packages in subrogation matters, including file review, and communications with claims adjusters and engineers.
- Legal research.
- Assist attorneys with the preparation of power-point presentations.
- Assist with the review of Leases in order to determine insurance coverage.
- Assist with gathering electronic discovery.
- Other tasks on an as-needed basis, as determined by the Litigation Division.
- 2L or 3L law student.
- Top 25% of the class.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Computer Science background a plus.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and analytical.
The hiring range for this position is $20.00 to $22.00 per hour.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Johnston, Rhode Island.