Moot Court Association, Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia is organizing its 10th Jamia Millia Islamia National Moot Court Competition, 2023 on campus from 3rd November to 5th November, 2023.
About the University
Jamia Millia Islamia was established in 1920 and was accorded the status of a Central University in 1988. It was initially started as a movement for educational and cultural renaissance which has grown as one of the best institutions in higher education offering multidisciplinary courses. The Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia was established in 1989.
About the Moot
This is the 10th edition of the prestigious Jamia Millia Islamia National Moot Court Competition, which is being organized by the Moot Court Association, Faculty of Law,
This year’s moot proposition revolves around the law of Arbitration, in consonance with the contemporary issues of Artificial Intelligence and the related Intellectual Property Rights. It aims to encourage participants to investigate the various aspects of mooting in relation to dispute resolution, grasp its complexities, and gain a more practical awareness of alternative methods of dispute resolution outside of court, which will ultimately promote the various mechanisms of ADR.
The Moot Proposition is drafted by Adv. Rishika Jain, In-house Legal Counsel for Ambev/Ab InBev Group, LL.M. (International Commercial Arbitration Law), Stockholm University.
- Venue: Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Date: 3rd to 5th November 2023.
- The competition is open to bonafide undergraduate students from recognized Colleges/Institutions/Universities currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Law (3/5 years).
- Not more than one team shall be allowed to register and participate in the competition from the same College/Institution/University.
- Each team shall consist of three (03) members. The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed after completion of the final registration except in extenuating circumstances at the discretion of the administrators.
- Every team shall consist of two speakers and one researcher.
- Each team shall be provided with a team code by the administrators which shall be mandatorily mentioned in the top right corner of the front page of the memorials.
- There shall be a Memorial Selection Round where only the top 24 teams will proceed to the oral rounds.
- Click on the link below. It shall be filled by the participating teams and payment of the registration fees of (Rs.1000/-) at the account details given in Annexure 2 of the brochure.
- Note: (There shall be a Memorial Selection Round where only the top 24 teams will proceed to the oral rounds.)
- Participation in oral rounds of the teams in the Moot Court Competition is subject to the selection of the memorial and payment of the registration fee. For this purpose, the team will be deemed to have “formally registered” once the payment of the registration fee is completed.
- Only upon communication of the selection of the memorial from the Administrators shall the participants pay the remaining fee of Rupees Two Thousand and five hundred only (Rs. 2500/-) which includes lodging and food.
- The link of the Payment for the selected 24 teams will be notified to the team after the release of the results of the Memorial Selection Rounds.
- The registration fee is non-refundable and no claim for refund of the fee shall be entertained.
- Only those teams that successfully qualify for the Memorial Selection Rounds will proceed to the Oral Rounds.
- Each team must provide the Administrator with an email of a member who will be the Person of Contact throughout the competition.
- Each team will be allocated their Team Code after the confirmation of registration.
- Last date for Registration through Google Form along with the payment: 12th October 2023
- Last date for Request for Clarification: 13th October 2023
- Last date for Submission of Soft Copies of Memorials: 24th October 2023
- Result of the memorial selection round: 26th October 2023
- Final payment by the qualified teams after the memorial selection round: 28th October 2023
- Researcher’s Test: 3rd November 2022
- Oral Rounds: 3rd – 5th November 2023
- Best Team: Rs. 30,000/- + Trophy + Certificate of Merit + Three (3) one-year complimentary (Academic) subscription to SCC Online Web Edition.
- Runner-up Team: Rs. 20,000/- + Trophy + Certificate of Merit + Three (3) one-year complimentary subscription to EBC Learning.
- Best Memorial: Rs. 12,000/- + Trophy + Certificate of Merit
- Best Speaker (Final Round): Rs. 7,000/- + Trophy + Certificate of Merit
- Best Speaker (Preliminary Round): Rs. 5,000/- + Trophy + Certificate of Merit
- Best Researcher: Rs. 7,000/- + Trophy + Certificate of Merit
Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi – 110025
Any query regarding the competition can be sent to email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org