National Mediation Competition, September 2023 |The Legal Lock |Register Now
ABOUT THE ORGANIZER
The Legal Lock is a boutique forum with the vision of making it an all-in-one platform providing various legal assistance to students and practitioners. Its mission is to spread legal awareness across the masses by conducting various events, webinars, seminars, etc. As of now, it provides a trusted blog page, a highly indexed Journal, law notes, event updates, and authentic promotions.
About the Competition
Keeping the spirits high and boosted we have come up with the 1st National Mediation Competition, 2023. The competition aims to promote and foster the culture of mediation as a form of alternative dispute resolution amongst students from Universities across India and abroad, through the provision of simulations of real-world disputes amenable to mediation procedures. The Competition shall be governed by the Rules set out herein.
Advocacy Partner: Singhania & Co.
Knowledge Partner: The Amikus Qriae
- The competition is open to all law students registered in any university in India.
- Only students studying Law may participate in the competition.
- Each team must comprise three members – One Mediator, One Client, and One Counsel. The roles of the participants must remain consistent throughout all rounds of the Competition. Each Round shall comprise a Client-Counsel pair from each Side and 2 Mediators.
- Please note that there is no need for college authorization, and the cross-college team is allowed to participate.
- Participants are expected to choose their teams extremely carefully, and excuses with regard to team composition shall not be entertained unless unforeseen circumstances mandate otherwise.
- Open the Google form titled ‘1st National Mediation Competition Registration Form’ by clicking here. (Hereinafter referred to as ‘NMCRF’)
- Fill in the form as instructed.
- Submit one NMCRF per team.
- After the last date of registration, each team shall be allotted a Team Code.
- A student may register for NMC within the stipulated date and time as mentioned in the schedule announced.
- Any delay in the registration procedure, partial compliance with the procedure, undertaking the registration procedure post the expiration of the scheduled dates of registration, and non-compliance with the registration process will be deemed as no registration.
- The power to waive the condition mentioned in Rule 6 lies with the Legal Lock.
Regular Fee: Rs 1200/- (per team)
1- Cash Rewards
- Best Mediating Pair: Rs 3500/-
- Best Mediator: Rs 3500/-
- Runners Up Mediating Pair: Rs 2500/-
Best Mediating Pair and Best Mediator: Winter Internship at Singhania and Co.
All the Titleholders will be given a free publication in HeinOnline, DRJI-indexed Legal Lock Journal [ISSN. 2583-0384]
4- Discount and Others
- All the Titleholders will be given a Certificate of Appreciation
- Best Mediation Pair and Best Mediator: Flat 30% discount on registration for Courses and Competitions by The Legal Lock, for the next 6 months
- Runners Up Mediating Pair: Flat 30% discount on registration for Courses and Competitions by The Legal Lock, for the next 3 months
All the participants will get a Certificate of Participation
*Softcopy of the certificates will be delivered to all on their registered emails.
List of Important Dates:
|Last Date for Registration||8th September 2023|
|Last date for Seeking Clarification||17th August 2023|
|Publication of Clarifications||26th August 2023|
|Date of Competition||16-17 September 2023|
Online (Google Meet/Zoom/Webex)
There is no need to submit a written strategy.
For any queries regarding the competition and moot proposition to email@example.com or Call at 9997113838 [Varun Agarwal].
Link to Register – https://forms.gle/qaXFgGNuZVAZdZdG6
Link to Mediation Problem and Rulebook-