WEWP 2023: Women Entrepreneurship in Waste Management Programme by AICTE [Prizes Upto Rs. 2 Lakhs]
About WEWP Summit 2023
AICTE jointly with the International Institute of Waste Management is organizing Women Entrepreneurship in Waste Management (WEWP) Conclave 2023. It is a programme, which is developed by amalgamating both these challenges of our Country and converting it into an opportunity to empower women as well as manage the waste in the country. Let the WEWP Conclave create waves in the world and make India a 5 Trillion Economy.
This program is undertaken in the framework of AICTE’s activities in line with the celebration of India’s presidency over G-20. This is also part of IIWM’s ongoing Green Campus programme along with AICTE. A similar initiative was undertaken in 2019-20 called the WAWE Summit proposed to be held at MNIT Jaipur, which was stalled due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Objectives of WEWP
- Inviting applications from aspiring Women Entrepreneurs with innovative Ideas and Projects in Waste Management.
- To motivate women students to take up entrepreneurship in waste management.
- To create business skills and waste management awareness among women students.
- To provide a platform for women students to pitch start-up ideas in waste management.
- To establish linkages with Industry stakeholders and investors.
- Entrepreneurship Skill
- Awareness creation about basic entrepreneurship skills
- Knowledge about legal aspects
- Enhancing Technical Skills in Waste Management Science.
- Understanding the Financial opportunities available
- Internship in specific ideas pitched by the student, at a waste management company.
- Specialized training in waste management
- Subject expert mentoring from the industry
- Startup Incubation
- Support in funding and investment agency linkage
- Support in Patent filing
- Support in the incubation of the startup
- Business Development Workshops for Skill Enhancement.
- Material Recycling (Metal, E-waste, Hazardous waste, plastics, Biomedical waste, agriculture waste, and other industrial wastes)
- Solid (municipal) waste systems for cities, towns and/or villages
- Digital support system for waste management.
- Revival of Indian knowledge systems in waste management with a focus on agricultural waste
- Innovations in Wastewater or sewage management.
- All women students of AICTE-approved institutions are eligible to participate.
- The competition may also be extended to women students from IIT/NIT/Institutions of national importance/UGC-approved Institutions.
- First Prize: ₹1,00,000
- Second Prize: ₹50,000
- Third Prize: ₹25,000
How to Submit?
Interested candidates can directly submit through this link.