About UILS (University Institute of Legal Studies), Panjab University
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as a constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short span of time, it has emerged as one of the premier legal institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Its mission is to equip the students with the skills to comprehend and diagnose the intricacies of various legal and other interdisciplinary issues and devise solutions to these problems through analysis and reasoning. The stimulating and interactive academic environment of the Institute helps to hone the Drafting, Research, Advocacy, Interviewing, and Negotiation- skills of the students. The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counseling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, Extension Lectures, etc. are a regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute.
About the Moot
The 6th Surana & Surana and UILS National Environment Law Moot Court Competition, 2023 has been envisaged with the aim of creating opportunities for learning the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in Environment Law besides developing cutting-edge skills in research, writing, and advocacy. Since its inception, the competition has seen significant expansion, with strong participation from across the country. The institution has hosted each edition with zeal and intensity and intends to continue the tradition this year with the same enthusiasm for learning.
Students pursuing their full-time 3-year LLB (or) 5-year LLB program from a University or Institute recognized by the Bar Council of India, are eligible to apply. A recognized Institution/College/University shall be entitled to send only one Team for the competition.
- Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with the prior permission of the National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers or any other justifiable circumstances.
- Each team will be provided a team code during orientation. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
- The National Administrator for the purposes of this competition will be The Director, UILS, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Online registrations are open from 8th August 2023.
- The teams must register online by 22nd August 2023. Teams will have to register online at www.moot.in and mail the same at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only 32 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on a first-come-first-serve basis. No temporary registration requests will be entertained. Kindly refrain from sending such requests to Surana & Surana or UILS.
- Participants will receive an automated system-generated acknowledgement on successful submission of registration. Participants will receive approval as acceptance of their request for participation by 23rd August 2023 or earlier.
Option 1 – The Registration form cum Approval letter as provided in the rules duly signed & sealed by your university/college / moot society.
Option 2 – Upload both (i) & (ii) together as a single PDF (i) The Registration form cum Approval letter (without seal & signature) as provided in the rules duly filled along with (ii) Scanned copy of the authorisation letter with sign and seal from your university / 5 of 19 6th Surana & Surana and University Institute of Legal Studies National Environment Law Moot Court Competition, 2023. 1 — 3 September 2023 College / moot society.
An email communication from the official id (to be filled as notification email id during online registration process) of the institution, from your university / college / moot society to complete the registration process.
- A registration fee of Rs. 1500/- is to be paid online by 22 August 2023 at: Director, UILS Account No. 10444979993
IFS Code SBIN0000742 SBI,
- Receipt of the online payment to be sent by email to: email@example.com
- Fees once paid will not be refunded.
Schedule Of The Competition
Release of Case Record and Rules: 8 th August 2023 (Tuesday)
- Start of Online Registration: 8 th August 2023 (Tuesday) Last date of Online Registration: 22nd August 2023 (Tuesday)
- Last date for payment of Registration : 22nd August 2023 (Tuesday)
- Last date for receiving copies of Reg. Form / Approval letter along with details of registration fee payment: 23rd August 2023 (Wednesday)
- Last date for seeking clarifications to the case: 22nd August 2023 (Tuesday)
- Release of Clarifications: 23rd August 2023 (Wednesday)
- Last date for Submission of Memorials: 25th August 2023 (Friday)
- Orientation and Preliminary Round 1: 1 st September 2023 (Friday)
- Preliminary 2 / Octa Finals / Quarter Finals / Semi Finals: 2nd September 2023 (Saturday)
- Finals & Valedictory and Prize Distribution: 3rd September 2023 (Sunday)
Kindly find herewith the link to the important documents for the competition for your kind perusal.
For any queries, please contact:
Ratik Chatrath Kapur — 9501444222
Anupam Kakkar — 7740099206
Agastya Shukla — 9216102310
Arjun Sagar — 9876332444
Naaz Bagga — 8284856616
Hukum Raj – 8926513000