About Career Point University
Career Point University has been established under the Government of Himachal Pradesh vide Act number 12 of 2012 under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956. The school of Legal Studies and Governance has been started in 2014 with the approval of the Bar Council of India.
Structure of the Competition
The Competition will be structured as per the following format:
- Researcher’s test
- Preliminary Rounds
- Semi Final Rounds
- Final Round
The language of the Competition shall be English.
- Students pursuing 5 years Undergraduate law program (BALLB, B.Com.LLB, B.Sc.LLB, etc.) or 3years Undergraduate law program (LLB) are eligible to participate in this competition.
- An institute may send more than one team to participate in the Competition.
- The team composition, for the competition, shall comprise of three members (two of them shall be designated as Speakers and one Researcher).
- The Researcher may be permitted to argue as Speaker in case of illness or any unforeseen event, but the permission of the Moot Court Convener in such case shall be mandatory.
Memorial Structure: The memorial must have following pages only:
- Cover Page – The cover page shall contain name of the Court on the top, the case title and year of competition (on the left side of the memorial).
- Table of Contents
- List of Abbreviations
- Index of Authorities
- Statement of Jurisdiction
- Statement of Facts
- Issues Raised
- Summary of Arguments
- Pleadings /Arguments Advanced
The following content specifications must be strictly adhered to:
- Font and Size (General) – Times New Roman, 12 pts
- Line Spacing (General) – 1.5 lines
- Font and Size (Footnotes) – Times New Roman, 10 pts
- Line Spacing (Footnotes) – Single line
- Page Margins – 1 inch on all sides
- The Hard Copies of the Memorial shall be printed on only one side.
- The citation should be uniform throughout the memorials
How to Register?
All the participating institutions have to ensure their participation by fulfilling the online registration form. Single team(consisting of two mooters and one researcher) has to register combinedly by clicking on the below link:
The participation fee is payable by the participants through Online Payment (NEFT/IMPS) (Kindly keep the copy of transaction safely and mentioned the same with registration form)
|Fee||INR 4000/-(Indian Rupees Forty Five Hundred )|
|Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|Name of the Account Holder/ Name of Payee||Chairman Conferences, Career Point University, Hamirpur (HP)|
|Bank Account Number||2993000101041956|
Accomodation & Food
Accommodations will not be provided by the organizers to the participating team members. However, on the request of the team, assistance can be given in booking the accommodation. The lunch for both days shall be provided by the organizers.
Note: No travelling allowance is to be paid by the organiser.
- Last date of registration: April 15, 2023
- Last Date of submission of memorials: April 18, 2023
- Preliminary rounds: April 21, 2023
- Semi-finals and finals: April 22, 2023
Note: Soft copy all memorials must be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org before April 18, 2023. One hard copy has to be submitted through post which must reach by April 20,2023. The memorial must be prepared as per the guidelines attached with propositions. Deviation from guidelines will result into deduction of marks
Awards & Prizes
The National Moot Court Competition will acknowledge the following with award and prizes:
- Winning team of final round will be awarded with trophy and a cash prize of INR 10,000/-
- Runner -up team of final round will be awarded with trophy and a cash prize of INR 5,000 /-
- Best mooter will be awarded with trophy and a certificate
- Best researcher will be awarded with trophy and a certificate
- Best memorial team will be awarded with a trophies and certificates.
- All the participants will be awarded with the certificate of participation.
Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
In case of any query, please contact:
- Dr. Anupam Manhas (Faculty Convenor): 9736677124
- Ms. Khushboo (Student co-ordinator): 8219287950
- Mr. Dikshit Kumar (Student co-ordinator): 9805465164
- Dr. Manu Sharma (Faculty Co-Convenor): 9857229085
- Mr. Sanjeev Kumar (Faculty co-ordinator): 7018504325
- Mr. Praveen Kumar (Student co-ordinator): 9418992363