About Hidayatullah National Law University
Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), named after one of the greatest legal luminaries of the country, Hon’ble Shri Justice Mohammad Hidayatullah, was established in 2003 by the Government of Chhattisgarh Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh, Act, (No. 10 of 2003). HNLU is the first National Level Institute established in the new State of Chhattisgarh in the year 2003 and the sixth Law University in the country.
About Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
In the year 1968, with its basic objective of improving the ‘quality’ of life of the people of Canada and India by building and strengthening intellectual and cultural linkages through academic research, dialogue and exchange, Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute started as a bi-national organization promoting understanding between India and Canada. The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute became bi-national in 2005. It has the honour of being the only Institution which has 142 premier academic Institutions as its members in India (including IITs, IIMs, NITs, Law schools, and Central and State Universities) and 37 universities in Canada (including McGill, Queen’s and York Universities).
About the conference
There has never been a more critical time for oceans and marine life than now. The threats of overfishing, climate change and pollution are expected to cause a cumulative loss of at least USD $428 billion to the global economy. As a step to combat this issue, the United Nations came up with the Sustainable Development Goals (‘SDG’) under which SDG 14.6 specifically deals with the issue of sustainable fishing and ocean management. In a bid to fulfil the mandate of the SDGs by 2030 as aimed, international organizations and countries globally seem to work together.
Structure of the conference
Apart from the inaugural and valedictory session, the International Conference will be organized in the following two parts:
Part A: Theme-based Panel Discussions
Part B: Paper Presentations in Technical Sessions
Through this international conference, we aim to raise awareness and interest in international trade law, marine life, fisheries, the blue economy, climate change and such seminal happenings. The conference will feature panel discussions, expert talks, and paper presentations. We intend on inviting environmental lawyers, academicians, economic and industry experts, law/oceanology/business etc. students and research scholars to participate and present papers in the international conference.
- Agreement on Fisheries – Future Discourse
- SDGs and Marine Life
- Developing countries, LDCs and Fisheries
- Law and Oceanology
- Blue Economy and Ocean Governance
- Blue Finance, Policy, and SDGs
- Marine Biodiversity and Ecosystems
- Role of Mangroves in fisheries and their protection
- Climate Change and Oceanology
- Life below Water and Pollution
- Pandemic and its Effects on Marine Life
- A gender perspective on Marine Life
- Livelihood and fisheries
These sub-themes are only suggestive and not exhaustive. Papers that are not covered under the above-mentioned sub-themes yet hold relevance in the thrust area may also be considered.
Call for papers
Research papers/articles in English are invited from academicians, professionals, practitioners, researchers, students of law, social science and environmental science, and other stakeholders on the emerging issues and related areas on the broader sub-themes given above.
The selected papers based on quality may be published as edited books with ISBN.
- Deadline for the Submission of Detailed Abstract: February 21, 2023
- Intimation of Acceptance for Detailed Abstract: February 22, 2023
- Deadline for Registration & Fee Payment (only if the Detailed Abstract is accepted): February 23, 2023
- Date of Conference: February 27-28, 2023
For Academicians/Professionals and Research Scholars: INR 1000
For Students: INR 800
Note – Co-authorship of up to two authors is permitted with the submission of registration fees by both authors separately.
Account Holder’s Name: Registrar, Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
Bank Name: IDBI Bank
Account No.: 1188102000000806
IFSC Code: IBKL0001188
MICR Code: 492259503
Branch Name: HNLU Campus Branch, Uparwara, Nava Raipur
Account Type: Current A/C
- The detailed abstract is up to 500 words accompanied by a brief profile of the author/s indicating his/her email ID, contact number, designation, and official address.
- The word limit for a full paper along with an abstract is 3000 – 7000 words (excluding footnotes), which must be submitted in MS Word format by the paper presenter latest by April 15, 2023. The same may be considered for publication in the form of an edited book with an ISBN.
- Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5, A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides.
- Plagiarized papers shall be summarily rejected.
- For references and bibliography, the author(s) are required to follow the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, 20th edition.
Link for the submission of detailed abstract
Click here to submit.
For further queries and additional information, please contact:
Dr. Ankit Awasthi (Secretary)
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Nos.: 7355235075 / 9919521188