I.L.S Law College, Pune is organising the 17th International Moot Court Competition 2023, based on a theme of Law & Economics.
About the Organiser
Established in 1924, ILS Law College is one of the oldest law schools in India and has been playing a pioneering role in legal education and scholarship in the country.
About the Event
Professor S. P. Sathe Foundation, set up by the Indian Law Society, organises “Remembering S.P. Sathe Event” every year that consists of a Public Memorial Lecture, a Moot Court Competition, and a Conference at ILS Law College, Pune on a specific theme with a view to commemorate his contribution to Indian Jurisprudence and Social Action and to encourage the academic pursuit of law students.
International Investment Law, Foreign Direct Investment and Investor-State dispute settlement.
Students enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s (three-year or five-year or the equivalent of the same in a non-Indian university) law program at the time of the Competition are eligible to compete. Each College/Law School or University may enrol one team only.
How to Register?
The link is shared for interested candidates to register for the competition at the end of the post.
Prizes for the competition are as follows:
- Winning Team: Trophy and Certificates
- Runners-up team: Trophy and Certificates
- Best and Second-Best Memorials: Certificates
- Best and Second-Best Student Advocates of the Competition: Certificates
- Best Speaker of the Finals: Certificates
- Justice V. A. Naik Prize for the Best team from Maharashtra: Trophy and Certificates
- Members of each team will receive a certificate of participation.
- Registration fee inclusive of GST (Non-refundable) for Memorial Qualifier Round for Indian Teams is INR 2,000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only).
- Registration fee inclusive of GST (Non-refundable) for Indian teams qualifying for the oral rounds is INR 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand only).
- Registration fee inclusive of GST (Non-refundable) for Memorial Qualifier Round for Foreign Teams is USD 60 (US Dollars Fifty only).
- Registration fee (Non-refundable) for foreign teams qualifying for the oral rounds is USD 180 (US Dollars One Hundred Fifty only).
- All administrative charges leviable by the bank must be borne by the registering teams.
- The link is shared at the end of the post to make the payment.
- Release of the problem: December 23, 2022
- Registrations open: December 23, 2022
- Registrations close: January 15, 2023
- Last date for seeking clarifications: January 20, 2023
- Release of clarifications: January 25, 2023
- Memorial submission deadline: February 5, 2023
- Announcement of teams qualifying for oral rounds: February 15, 2023
- Confirmation of travel itinerary by email: February 15, 2023
- The draw of lots, exchange of memorials and inauguration ceremony: March 24, 2023
- Preliminary Rounds (1 & 2) and Quarter Finals ( if necessary): March 25, 2023
- Semi-finals, Finals and Valedictory Ceremony: March 26, 2023
Clarifications can be sought by teams regarding the Moot Proposition and the Rulebook by emailing the Organising Committee at spsathemoot[at]ilslaw.in