FOR REGULAR UPDATES DIRECTLY ON YOUR PHONE, JOIN OUR WHATSAPP COMMUNITY!!
The Central University of Kerala, Department of Law is organizing the 1st Virtual National Moot Court Competition 2021, scheduled to be held from September 22 to 25, 2021.
About the Organizer
The Central University of Kerala, Department of Law, Thiruvalla campus was established in the year 2014. It commenced functioning by offering a two-year LL.M programme in Constitutional Law, Administrative law, Criminal Law and Commercial Law. PhD programme was started in the year 2017.
About the Moot Competition
Moot Court Society of the Department of Law is organizing the First Virtual National Moot Court Competition 2021, scheduled to be held from September 22 to 25, 2021.
The Moot Court Society aims to instil critical thinking, research ability, advocacy skills, presentation skills and legal drafting skills and thus to provide a platform for law students across the nation to achieve these objectives through the organization of an annual National inter-college Moot Court Competition.
This Competition will be conducted virtually allowing the students to hone their advocacy skills while sitting safely at their homes. This Competition aims to provide an opportunity to the participants to develop the requisite skills for a dynamic process of Advocacy.
The Competition is open to bonafide undergraduate students of recognized Colleges/ Institutions/ Universities who are currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in Law i.e, three-year LL.B or five years integrated or Honours’ LL.B programme with all combinations on a regular basis.
- Each team shall comprise of a maximum of 3 members and a minimum of 2 members consisting of either 2 speakers and 1 researcher or 2 speakers only. The number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- Teams shall identify the speakers and researcher at the time of Registration. No extra member or observer shall be allowed. Also, no deviation from the chosen names shall be allowed.
- Not more than One Team from the same Institution shall be allowed to participate in the competition.
All interested teams must register themselves on or before September 05, 2021 before 23:59 IST, by diligently filling the registration Google Form. Only one form per team is to be submitted. The registration fee for this Competition is INR 1000/- per team.
Mode of Payment
Mode of payment of the registration fees shall be via Online bank transfer to be made on following details:
- Bank: Canara Bank, Thiruvalla (Pathanamthitta District), Kerala, India
- IFSC Code: CNRB0001982
- Account Name: Head of the Department, Department of Law, Thiruvalla Campus, Central University of Kerala.
- Account Number: 1982101019110
|Final Registration through Google Form & Receiving of Screenshot or receipt of the fee paid.||September 5th, 2021|
|Last date for seeking clarification regarding the Moot problem||September 7th, 2021|
|Release of clarification & Team Codes||September 10th, 2021|
|Submission of Memorial (Soft Copy)||September 15th, 2021|
|Inauguration & Preliminary round||September 22nd, 2021|
|Quarter-Finals||September 23th, 2021|
|Semi-Finals||September 24th, 2021|
|Finals & Valedictory||September 25th, 2021|
Official Email ID:[email protected]
You may also contact the following:
- Dr. Gireesh Kumar J.( Faculty Coordinator) Mob: +91 – 9968313515
- Ms. Karthika Mohan (Student Coordinator) Mob: +91 – 9605713453
- Ms.Anusree. J ( Student Coordinator) Mob: +91- 9717592477
Click here for the official brochure of the moot competition.