FOR REGULAR UPDATES DIRECTLY ON YOUR PHONE, JOIN OUR WHATSAPP COMMUNITY!!
The Faculty of Law, Integral University is organizing its 1st Online National Judgment Writing Competition, through its Moot Court and Debating Society.
About the Organizer
Integral University is a premier university situated in Lucknow, the capital city of the largest state of India, Uttar Pradesh. It was established under Act Number 9 of 2004 by the State Government. The University is duly approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under sections 2(f) and 12B of the UGC Act, 1956, and all relevant statutory bodies. The University offers diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in all prominent fields like Pharmacy, Engineering, Sciences, Health & Medical Sciences, Commerce & Management, Computer Applications, Agriculture, Law, Architecture & Planning, Education, Library & Information Science, and Humanities & Social Sciences. The University offers more than 240 programs across 47 disciplines and currently hosts around 11000 students at its 120-acre campus.
About Moot Court & Debating Society
The Moot Court & Debating Society, Faculty of Law, Integral University, Lucknow is a dedicated forum, which aims to provide a platform to the students to inculcate and enhance advocacy skills and promotes free thought and exchange of opinions. When the discussion is the ethos of an institution, this Society forms a natural facilitator of that spirited culture. The Moot Court & Debating Society has fostered activities such as mooting, debating quizzes, training programs and workshops etc., related activities at the Faculty of Law, Integral University and upholding the high standards of excellence and thereby enabling students to participate in external competitions organised both at National and International levels.
About Online National Judgment Writing Competition
The Concept of Judgment Writing has been prevalent for quite some time in the legal fraternity. A participant is encouraged to think like a Judge and reach a well-reasoned and innovative conclusion to render a suitable Judgment. The participants are expected to base their judgments on a thorough and diligent appreciation of the factual matrix. The competition encourages innovative judgments that have meticulously examined and applied relevant legal concepts.
1st Online National Judgment Writing Competition Rule Book
- The participant should be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in Law i.e. 3 Years L.L.B. course or 5-Year Integrated law or LLM students from any recognized University/Law School.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any Law School or University.
- Only individual participation is allowed.
- Individual participant is required to complete the registration on or before 8th September 11:59 PM.
Rs. 150/- per Participant to be paid to:
- A/c Holder Name: Mohd Sufiyan Khan
- Bank Name: HDFC Bank
- Branch: Indira Nagar, Lucknow
- Account No:50100256879091
- IFSC Code: HDFC0009176
- UPI ID: [email protected]
- Gpay: 6387320400
a) After making the payment, the Participant needs to fill up the Registration Form through the link given at the end of this post.
b) A confirmation email will be sent to the Participant after registration along with a Unique Registration Code within the next 24-48 hours.
c) Registration fee once paid is neither refundable nor transferable.
- The Submission, as submitted must be an original work of the Participant and must not have been submitted or published elsewhere.
- Any sort of plagiarism shall and will amount to penalty.
- Word Limit –1500-2000 (exclusive of footnotes).
- The Submission must not disclose the identity of the Participant or any other personal details, e.g. Name of the Institution.
- The Participant shall submit a separate cover letter containing the details of the Participant. Details shall include Name of the Participant, Name of the Institution, Email ID and Phone Number
- The name of the file shall be named in the following format
- “Cover Letter – IULAW NJWC”
- “Submission – IULAW NJWC”
- All the required documents (Cover Letter and Judgement Writing Submission) must be submitted in MS-Word file and should be emailed to [email protected] with the subject as – “IULAW NJWC – Manuscript Submission (Registration Code)”.
- The author shall strictly adhere to the 20th Edition of Bluebook.
- The manuscript shall be in A4 layout with 1.5 line spacing and justified.
- Headings- Times New Roman – 14 – Bold.
- Main Body- Times New Roman – 12.
- Footnotes – Times New Roman – 10, Line spacing 1.0 and justified.
- Arrangements of facts: 10
- Issues addressed: 10
- Knowledge of law: 20
- Use of legal principles: 15
- Logical reasoning: 15
- Precedents used: 10
- Format and language: 10
- Style of writing: 10
- Each Participant will be provided with a unique code upon registration. The identity of the Participant shall not be disclosed at any stage; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the organizing committee.
- The problem on Judgment writing will be released at 10 AM on 10th September 2021 and its response will be recorded by 1 PM on the same day.
- No entries/responses will be considered valid if received after the given time i.e, 1 PM on September 10th, 2021
Prizes and Recognition
- First Position: Winner Memento & Certificate of Excellence
- Second Position: 1st Runner-Up Memento & Certificate of Excellence
- Third Position: 2nd Runner-Up Memento & Certificate of Excellence
- Every Participant shall receive a Certificate of Appreciation.
All queries and clarifications regarding the competition must be emailed to [email protected]
- Mohd Sufiyan Khan: +91-7844930987
- Ahmad Amaan: +91-8707220991
Click here for the official brochure of the competition.