The Public Service Commission, West Bengal (PSCWB) will hold the West Bengal Judicial Service Examination, 2021 for the post of Civil Judge (Junior Division) in accordance with the existing rules for recruitment.
The Public Service Commission, West Bengal or PSCWB is the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of the state of West Bengal in India.
Click here for the official website of PSCWB.
About the Opportunity
The Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the West Bengal Judicial Service Examination, 2021 in accordance with the existing rules for recruitment to the posts in West Bengal Judicial Service.
- Name of the Examination: West Bengal Judicial Service Examination, 2021
- Name of the Service: West Bengal Judicial Service
- Name of the Post: Civil Judge (Jr. Divn.)
Number of Vacancies
Total: 14 (Fourteen)
- Clear: 5 (Five)
- Unreserved: 03
- Scheduled Caste: 01
- OBC(A): 01
- Anticipated: 9 (Nine)
- Unreserved: 06
- Scheduled Caste: 01
- OBC(A): 01
- OBC(B): 01
- A citizen of India or such a person of other nationality as declared eligible by Government of India;
- A degree in Law from any University or Institution affiliated to any University recognized by the State Goverment or the Central Govemment:
- Enrolment as an advocate in the roll of Bar Council of any State or Union Territory in India on the date of advertisement for the examination,
- Ability to read. write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali) – vide Finance Department’s Notification No. 1243-F(P) dated 02.03.2016.
Not less than 23 years and not more than 35 years on the date of advertisement for the examination on 10.07.2021 (i.e. born not earlier than 11.07.1986 and not later than 10.07.1998)
Upper age limit Relaxation:
- By 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal
- By 3 years for BC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates of West Bengal
- Upto 45 years of age for Persons with Disabilities having physical disability of 40% and above
- By 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service for at least two years
Pay Scale: Rs.27,700-770-33090-920-40450-1080-44770/-
How to Apply?
- Applications are to be submitted online only.
- Candidates are advised to go through the scheme, syllabus, and the official notification carefully before applying for the WB Judicial Service Examination, 2021.
- The link to the online application will be updated on 14th of July 2021, here.
- General/BC/SC (of other states)/ST (of other states): Rs. 210/- + Service Charge 1% of examination fee subject to a minimum of Rs. 5/- (Rupees Five) only for online payment through debit/credit card + service charge/GST as applicable as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs. 5/- (Rupees Five only) for Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty only) for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment).
- SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above: NIL
Preliminary Examination: The Preliminary Examination will consist of one paper of ObjectiveType containing 200 Multiple Choice Questions. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of 2.5 hours’ duration.
Final Examination: The Final examination will consist of eight compulsory papers and three papers on optional subjects to be chosen by the candidates from the list of Optional Subjects. Each compulsory and Optional paper will carry 100 marks and will be of three hours duration.
Personality Test: 100 marks
Click here for the detailed scheme and syllabus for the WB Judicial Service Examination 2021.
- Commencement of submission of online application: 14th July, 2021
- Closing date for submission of online application: 5th August, 2021 (upto 12:00 midnight)
- Closing date of submission of fees (online): 5th August, 2021 (upto 12:00 midnight)
- Closing date of submission of fees (offline): 6th August, 2021
- Edit Option: 9th August 2021 to 13th August 2021
However, the Challan must be generated by the 5th August 2021 positively.
- Working Hours: Any working day from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Related to Offline Payment: (033) 2262-4181
- Related to Online Payment: (033) 4003-5104
- For Technical Support:
- (033) 2419-7715
- (033) 2419-8187
- (033) 2466-1540
- Help Desk e-mail ID: [email protected]