JOB POST: Company Secretary at KPMG, Bengaluru
KPMG International Limited is a multinational professional services network, and one of the Big Four accounting organizations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Advising and assisting clients on incorporation under various forms of entity including mandatory compliance post incorporation, planning and execution of board meetings etc.
- Responsible for development for the vertical and managing a team of qualified company secretaries for further routine compliance needs of the clients.
- Team management and building client relationship to provide one stop solution for all their regulatory & compliance needs.
- Advising the stakeholders and BOD (Board of Directors) on compliance management as and when required; corporate social responsibilities wherever applicable.
- Manage secretarial and statutory compliance requirements of the entity under various forms in terms of the Companies Act, 2013, LLP Act, SEBI Act and under FEMA regulations.
- Advising and guiding the client companies for transactions of foreign investor including but not limited to automatic route foreign direct investments in Indian companies.
- Ensuring RBI compliances of client companies with foreign investment including wholly owned subsidiaries, JV companies, Associate and other forms of companies including compliances disclosures under the applicable laws.
- Organizing and conducting board and shareholders meetings of the company, physically or through VC and taking a lead during the meeting including introduction and for all compliance matters.
- Providing compliance related advice during and outside of meetings to clients as and when requisitioned for any matter related to corporate laws i.e. Companies Act and FEMA.
- Keeping the directors and members of the senior leadership team on corporate governance matters including but not limited to regulatory risk or red flags as may come across during the review of transactions of the Company.
- Drafting and vetting of standard agreements including MOU’s, Shareholders, Share purchase agreements etc.
- Support projects as a subject matter expert in the Corporate Secretarial domain and ensure project related timelines.
- Ability to build and sustain internal and external relationship.
- Should be able to conduct onsite compliance reviews.
- Performing internal audits on the effectiveness of compliance policies, and serving as a liaison between management and personnel.
- Should stay abreast of current industry trends and new regulations in order to analyze their impact on an organization.
Company Secretary (preferably plus LLB/MBA).
- Qualified Company Secretary with Consulting background.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good command over written English.
- Proactive & Excellent time management and interpretation skills.
- Excellent Managerial/ leadership skills.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.