Rajasthan High Court, Jodhpur is inviting applications for the recruitment of Civil Judges for the Rajasthan Judicial Services, to fill up 120 vacancies.
About Rajasthan High Court
The Rajasthan High Court is the High Court of the state of Rajasthan. It was established on 29 August 1949 under the Rajasthan High Court Ordinance, 1949. The seat of the court is at Jodhpur. The court has a sanctioned judge strength of 50.
About the Civil Judge Recruitment 2021
The Rajasthan High Court will conduct Rajasthan Judiciary Exam 2021. The online notification will be released on the official website (www.hcraj.nic.in) for the post of Civil Judge in Rajasthan High Court.
Number of Vacancies
31 vacancies for all categories in total for the year 2021
Breakdown of Vacancies (2021)
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
Breakdown of Vacancies (2020)
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
- You must be a Citizen of India
- The minimum age should be 21 years and the maximum age is 40 years at the time of filling the application form.
- You must hold a degree of Law (LLB) or any equivalent degree of graduation from the government or bar council recognized university in order to be eligible to apply for the Rajasthan Judicial Services exam.
- Every candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of Hindi Written in Devnagari script and Rajasthani dialects and social customs of Rajasthan.
- Note: Person who has appeared or is appearing in final year/ final semester of LL.B. (Professional), shall be eligible to apply for the post. Such candidate has to acquire the requisite educational qualification before Main Examination and proof thereof has to be submitted to the office of Registrar (Examination), Rajasthan High Court, Jodhpur, within 7 days of holding of Main Examination.
Please Note: The character of a candidate for direct recruitment to the service should be such as to qualify him for employment in the service to the candidate:
- A Good Character Certificate issued by the Principal / Academy Officer of the University, College or School in which he last studied and
- Two certificates of character, written not later than 6 months from the date of submission of application, to be produced by two responsible persons who are not related to and not related to his University, College or School.
How to Apply?
The registration for the exam can be done from the recruitment portal of the Rajasthan high court: hcraj.nic.in
- Visit the official website of Rajasthan Public Service Court
- Click on the “RJS Application form” link
- Submit personal details such as name, DOB, address, category
- Enter educational details such as details of 10th, 12th, and LLB
- Submit Exam related details such as preferred Exam Center
- Upload recent passport size picture and signature in the mentioned size & format
- Pay the required fee for your application
Note: Click on the link given at the end of this post to start applying for the Rajasthan Judicial Services Examination 2021.
Click here for instructions.
- INR 1000: for General & other state categories
- INR 750: OBC category
- INR 500: for ST/ST/PWD category
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Exam
The Preliminary Examination of the Rajasthan Judiciary will be an objective type of examination.
There will be 70% weightage for prescribed Law Paper-I and Law Paper-ll.
The remaining 30% will be allocated for proficiency in Hindi and the English language.
|Medium of Paper||Offline|
|Mode of Paper||Objective MCQ|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Reward on Right Answer||+1|
|Penalty on the Wrong Answer||No negative marking|
Mains Exam Pattern: There are a total of 4 papers in the Mains level of the examination:
- Paper I: Law
- Paper-II: Law
- Paper III: Hindi Essay
- Paper IV: English Essay
|Law||Paper I||100||3 Hours|
|language||Paper I Hindi Essay||50||2 Hours|
|Paper-II English Essay||50||2 Hours|
You will get shortlisted for interview/viva-voce only if you score more than 35% of marks in both Prelims and Mains exams. The Interview is conducted for a total of 35 marks.
In the interview, you are tested on your character, personality, and suitability for the job.
The prelims syllabus of the Rajasthan Judiciary Exam consists of two law papers and a language proficiency test.
- Law Paper I: Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, The Constitution of India, Indian Contract Act,1872, The Specific Relief Act, 1963, The Limitation Act, 1963, etc.
- Law paper II: The Indian Evidence Act,1872, The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015, The Probation of Offenders Act, 1958, etc.
- Hindi Proficiency: शब्द रचना: संधि एवं संधि विच्छेद, समास , उपसर्ग , प्रत्यय, शब्द शुद्धि |, वाक्य शुद्धि , विराम चिन्हों का प्रयोग |, मुहावरे/ लोकोक्तियाँ |
- English Proficiency: Tenses, Phrasal Verbs, and Idioms, Active & Passive Voice, Direct and Indirect Speech, Antonyms and Synonyms
The Mains syllabus of the Rajasthan Judiciary exam consists of four papers:
- Law Paper I: Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, Indian Contract Act,1872, The Transfer of Property Act, 1882, The Specific Relief Act, 1963, Interpretation of Statues, Order/Judgment Writing, etc
- Law Paper-II: The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, The Indian Evidence Act,1872, The Indian Penal Code, 1860, The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015, etc
- Paper-lII Hindi Essay: Essay Writing in the Hindi Language.
- Paper-IV English Essay: Essay Writing in the English Language.
|Starting Date of Online Application Process||July 30th, 2021|
|Last Date to submit Online Applications||August 31st, 2021|
|Rajasthan Judicial Service Prelims Examination Date||To be notified|
|RJS Mains Exam Date||To be Notified|
|RJS Interview Date||To be Notified|
Click here for the official notification.