FOR REGULAR UPDATES DIRECTLY ON YOUR PHONE, JOIN OUR WHATSAPP COMMUNITY!!
About Madras High Court
The Madras High Court is one of the oldest High Courts of India. It is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The court is one of the three High Courts in India established in the three Presidency Towns of Madras, Bombay and Calcutta by letters patent granted by Queen Victoria, bearing date 26 June 1862.
About the Job Opportunity at Madras High Court
Applications are invited for Job Opportunities at Madras High Court from eligible candidates for filling up of 37 vacancies of Law Clerks to the Hon’ble Judges, High Court, Madras (both in the Principal Seat at Madras and at Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court, Madurai), on an ad-hoc basis, for a period of one year.
No. of Vacancies
37 vacancies, both in the Principal Seat at Madras and at Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court, Madurai
- Age: Should not have attained the age of 30 years as of July 1st, 2021.
- Graduate in Law (under 10+2+3+3 or 10+2+5 pattern) from the recognized Universities in the Indian Union and recognized by the Bar Council of India for admission as Advocate or Attorney of an Indian Court.
- Should have passed all his/her Examinations, while studying law, within the duration of their course: Eligible to apply.
- Should have obtained his/her Law Degree during the academic years 2019-2020 and 2020-2021: Eligible to apply for the assignment as Law Clerk to the Hon’ble Judges.
Candidates pursuing Post Graduate Degree in Law or any other Degrees or Programmes requiring their compulsory attendance elsewhere are not eligible to apply for the assignment as Law Clerk.
Duration of Assignment
Initially for a period of one year from the date of their taking up their assignment. Extended for a further period of not exceeding 1 more year.
- Consolidated amount of Rs. 30,000 per month
- Only 50% of the amount will be paid in case of any force majeure occasion that may make attending the chambers impossible.
- Law Clerks shall not be entitled to any other allowances or perks.
- Fill the application form after taking a printout of the same. No other application form shall be accepted other than the one hosted on the official website of Madras High Court.
- Candidates should enclose self-attested copies of all Educational Certificates including the statement of marks obtained in Law Degree.
- Candidates should not send Original Testimonials.
- Find the application proforma annexed to the official notification.
The application form must be sent by 2 means:
- Registered post (Hard Copy)
- E-mail (Soft Copy)
- Registered Post (Hard Copy): The duly filled-in applications should be submitted through Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due and superscribed on the envelope as “Application for the post of Law Clerk to the Hon’ble Judges” and addressed to:
The Registrar General, High Court, Madras-600 104.
- Through email (Soft Copy): The filled-in Application Form (Soft copy) should also be sent through e-mail at [email protected] on or before September 10th, 2021.
- Registered Post (Hard Copy): September 13, 2021
- Through email (Soft Copy): September 10, 2021