The Government of Rajasthan in consultation with the Chief Justice of the High Court, framed the Rajasthan State Legal Services Authority Rules, 1995, and this Authority also framed the Rajasthan State Legal Services Authority Regulations, 1999 to give effect to the provision of the Legal Services Authority Act, 1987 (Act No.39 of 1987).
About the Opportunity
The RSLSA offers internship opportunities to Law Students during summer (April-June), winter (October December) and also mid-term or specific internship programmes with an aim and an object to provide an understanding of legal service programmes including free legal aid, implementation of various schemes and awareness programmes.
Nature of the Internship
- Interns shall be required to present a report at the end of their study
- At the end of her/his internship, the certificate will be issued to every intern after evaluation or assessment of the report.
- Entire internship programme shall be supervised by the Director under the guidance of the Member Secretary of RSLSA
- Internship at DLSA shall be under the supervision of the Secretary of DLSA, subject to the control of the Director.
Areas of Internship
- District Legal Services Authority.
- Public Utility Services and Permanent Lok Adalats.
- The beneficial aspect of law and Role of Motor Accident Claim Tribunals.
- Ensuring commitment of financial instrument and Section 138 N.I. Act vis-à-vis functioning of Special Courts.
- Awareness Programmes in Slum areas & colonies of daily wagers.
- Centres for Legal Care & Support.
- Centre for Mediation & Conciliation.
- Marriage institutions and Family Court.
- Industrial dispute, workmen and Labour Courts & Tribunals.
- Juvenile and Juvenile Justice Boards.
- Ensuring respectable life to senior citizens and Old Age Home.
- Children Homes & Child care Institutions.
- Children in need of care & protection and Child Welfare Committees.
- Victim and object of Victim Compensation scheme.
- Role of Lok Adalat as an effective mode of disposal.
- Ensuring humane treatment to Jail inmates and Jail reforms
- Outreach programme and role of Para Legal Volunteers.
- Role of Panel Advocates, Retainer Advocates and Legal aid counsels including bail-remand lawyers in court based legal services. s) Model Police Station with emphasis on activities of DLSA.
- Awareness Programmes in far-flung areas and rural areas.
- The aim, Object and functions of Rajasthan State Legal Services Authority.
- Rehabilitation and Restoration of the victim.
- Security & safety of witnesses and the Witness Protection Scheme.
Law students pursuing studies (3/5 years law degree course only) at any recognized college/university (Only)
Ordinarily for 3 weeks
No remuneration or honorarium or expenses or TA is payable either by RSLSA or by DLSA
- Interested law students pursuing studies (3/5 years law degree course only) at any recognized college/Law School University may send their applications in the enclosed format Annex-A
- Applications may be submitted either by post courier or through e-mail or by hand to reach the office of the Rajasthan State Legal Services Authority or through any of 35 DLSA’s but incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- As far as possible, every student has to submit a letter of recommendation or no objection issued by the Principal or Director or Dean or Head of Department of his/her educational institution.
At any one office (Jaipur/Jodhpur) or more than one office under RSLSA.