About Kathmandu School of Law
Kathmandu School of Law, established in 2000 AD as an affiliate of Purbanchal University, is a community-based, non-profit academic institution that upholds its unrestrained commitment to a pragmatic, research-based and community-responsive legal education in the country.
Kathmandu School of Law Review (KSLR) is a double-blind peer-reviewed, open-access and faculty-student edited flagship journal of Kathmandu School of Law, Nepal.
About the Competition
KSLR believes that the 1st IRPWC, themed ‘International Order Post COVID-19’, was a prodigious stride towards their aim, to continue which, it announces the commencement of the 2nd IRPWC (International Research Paper Writing Competition).
Students enrolled in bachelors, master or PhD level of studies, research scholars, and early career academicians with no more than 7 years of experience in their profession.
Contemporary Issues in Migration Law
Including, but not limited to:
- Issues within the definition and classification of ‘migration’ and ‘migrants’;
- Issues within various international legal frameworks applicable to human migration. These include human rights law, international labour standards, refugee law, the law against transnational organized crimes, environment law (notably the law on climate change), humanitarian law, international health regulation, and such;
- Relativism in law, policies and practices among states of origin, transit and destination, and the consequential gaps in the protection of migrants;
- The role and functions of intergovernmental organizations and the national government(s) in managing human migration and protecting migrants;
- Accountability of non-state actors;
- Legal and policy amendments to address the disruptions in and emerging patterns of human migration in the wake of the COVID 19 pandemic.
- A paper may have up to three authors.
- Only one submission is allowed per author.
- For detailed guidelines, click here.
Submission of the research paper shall automatically register author(s) for the competition.
Registration Fees: Registration for the competition shall be free of cost.
To submit your research paper, click here.
- Best paper: Cash prize of US $150/- and a certificate
- Second best paper: Cash prize of US $100/- and a certificate
- Third best paper: Cash prize of US $50/- and a certificate
For any queries, you can contact us at [email protected]