About the Organization
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally.
Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration.
We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability of our customers to experience the world.
About the Job
As a member of Agoda’s in-house legal department, you will be responsible for the strategy, leadership, and management of Legal Operations. In this role, you will have two direct reports (as of now) and you will report directly to Agoda’s Associate General Counsel.
This role is key for ensuring that the Legal Operations works efficiently, proactively, and effectively with other stakeholders, and allocates and deploys budget, time, and technology impactfully. You will be an effective and accurate manager of the Legal budget and forecasting.
You should demonstrate a mindset of continuous improvement and its implementation and, using data and metrics, provide insight into operations. You will lead Legal Operations in successful and always-improving collaborative working with the rest of the Agoda Legal Department (based in Bangkok but with international coverage in other locations) to ensure and be part of the department’s and Agoda’s overall success.
This position is open to both local and international candidates with relocation support available for eligible candidates to help ensure a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
Given the COVID-19 landscape and travel restrictions, relocation date is flexible and a remote start may be possible.
This role is focused on legal operations & projects and is not a counsel position.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Support the General Counsel, Legal Leadership team, and the Legal Department as a whole with strategic planning for the function: supporting by identifying, articulating, and mapping strategic goals and objectives, aligning with different functions within the business and tracking against them throughout the year, demonstrating ownership by holding the leadership team accountable for achieving them
- Support different processes insofar as they impact the Legal Operations;
- Help to raise the profile of the Legal Operations within Agoda and improve communication initiatives between the team and the wider Agoda business. This includes understanding how the Legal Operations can continue to align as closely as possible with the business, and partner seamlessly with others;
- Keep thorough, organized, and accessible records relating to vendor management, budget/spend, and travel and expenses;
- Remain aware of legal operations industry trends, and identify opportunities to improve processes, share best practices, develop playbooks, training and improve efficiency with the Legal Department;
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve and enhance the legal/admin process, documentation and systems; and
- Support ad hoc requests for the Legal Department
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Experience in having worked in an in-house legal environment within a legal operations team;
- 5 – 8 years experience as a legal operations manager, or comparable legal administration and/or management;
- 3 years’ recognized people management experience;
- Ability to clearly, fluently, and effectively speak and write in English;
- Experience utilizing data and metrics, as well as superior skills presenting them in different formats like graphs, tables, trends, or PowerPoint;
- Ability to manage, coach, and develop in a culturally diverse team;
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrable ownership, and accountability with the ability to delegate effectively and to manage projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to manage a budget and forecasting; and
- Desire to innovate and drive change: experiment and measure
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience working in APAC and/or other highly diverse and multi-cultural environments;
- Superior organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and a mindset that processes can always be improved;
- Experience in using tools to measure and analyze data; and
- A passion for legal operations (and enjoy working closely with a variety of legal professionals)
To apply, click here.