Essay Writing Competition by Sadanlal Sanwaldas Khanna Girls Degree College, Prayagraj, UP
About the Organiser
Sadanlal Sanwaldas Khanna Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Prayagraj, was established In the International Year for Women, 1975, by the joint efforts of late S.N. Kakkar (Ex- Union Minister, of India), Prof. D. D. Khanna (Ex-Head of Department of Defence Studies, University of Allahabad ) and Sri Shyam Narain Kapoor, members of the Khattri Pathshala Society with the motto “आ नो भद्रा: क्रतवो यन्तु विश्वत: (Let noble thoughts come to us from every side.)”.
About the Competition
The college organizes the “Damodarshree National Award for Academic Excellence” every year on 2nd October 2011, in memory of its founder Late Prof. D.D. Khanna. The Award, an essay writing contest, is a platform and an invitation to young minds from across the country’s centers of higher learning to think seriously about the given topic and to share their thoughts in dialogue with a distinguished group of people from the older generation.
It is an opportunity to foster creativity among students in expressing one’s own perceptions and views on an issue. Participation is open to students pursuing their Under-Graduate, Post-Graduate, or Doctoral studies in Central Universities and Universities established more than 75 years old, or their constituent/affiliated Colleges.
The topic for this year is “World we are in, World we wish to Create“.
Students pursuing their Under Graduate, Post Graduate or Doctoral studies in Central Universities and Universities established more than 75 years old, or their constituent/affiliated Colleges, Central Institutes, National Law Colleges, NITs, Central/State Medical Colleges, IIITs, BITs, IITs, IIMs, XLRI, Universities which lie within the NIRF rank band 200 or are accredited at grade ‘A’ by NAAC are eligible.
How to Submit?
A participant has to present a soft copy of a 2000 to 3000 words essay in English or Hindi on the topic “World we are in, World we wish to Create” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules & Regulations
- Fonts permitted Times New Roman size 13 or Krutidev 16 size 16 on A4 size paper. The hard copy of the essay along with a self-attested copy of the Identity Card of the concerned Institution/University should be sent to the Damodarshree Organising Committee, S.S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College, 179 D, Attarsuiya, Prayagraj- 211003 (U.P.)
- The ten best entries will be selected by a panel of judges. The selected participants will be required to present and defend their essays at a function on 2nd Oct. on the premises of S. S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College, Prayagraj.
- Participants will be given 7 minutes each for their presentation and another 8 minutes for defense. There will also be a panel of judges to decide the winner and runners-up.
- The Travelling expenses of the selected 10 candidates by AC-Il will be borne by the organizers. Hospitality at Prayagraj will be taken care of by the Institution.
- All essays and entries received shall be the property of the S. S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College and can be published in the manner it so desires.
NOTE: The decision of the judges at the competition shall be final and binding on all the participants.
- The student must not write his/her name, institutional affiliation, address, or any other personal information anywhere in the body of the Essay.
- The above and other identity information should be provided in the prescribed proforma separately which should accompany the Essay.
- The matter downloaded or copied from the internet or other sources, should be specifically indicated in the essay at the appropriate place. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. Reproduction of the matter from the internet or other sources should not exceed 20% of the text. 4. Preference would be given to papers that reflect original thinking.
- A photocopy of the I-Card should be attached to the papers.
- The joint paper shall not be accepted.
- The winner of the competition would be awarded Damodarshree National Award for Academic Excellence which will also carry the prize money of Rs. 2 Lakh.
- The 1st runner-up will receive a prize money of Rs. 1 lakh.
- 2nd runner-up will receive a prize money of Rs. 50.000.
- The best Undergraduate entry shall receive prize money of Rs. 30.000.
- Special prize money of Rs. 30,000.
- Last Date for submission of paper: August 31, 2023.
- Declaration of 10 best candidates: September 15, 2023.
- Paper Presentation and Award Ceremony: October 2, 2023.
In case of any queries, please write to email@example.com.