About Sharda University
Sharda University, established through an act passed by UP legislature (14 of 2009) and permitted by the University Grants Commission to award degrees under Section 22 of the UGC Act 1956, is a leading educational institution based in Greater Noida, Delhi NCR.
A venture of the renowned SGI group, the University has established itself as a high-quality education provider with a prime focus on holistic learning and imbibing competitive abilities in students. The University is approved by UGC & prides itself in being the only multi-disciplinary campus in the NCR, spread over 63 acres & equipped with world-class facilities.
About the Conference on Environmental Law
In the present era, any discussion on the environment is incomplete without discussing the contribution of the Paris Agreement 2015. The Paris agreement’s focus was on its goal to limit global warming to well below 2 degrees, preferably to 1.5 degrees Celsius, compared to pre-industrial levels. It is important to note that though it is touted as a legally binding agreement, in fact, it is legal which is a hybrid of legally binding and nonbinding provisions.
Now it needs to be looked into that what is the role of Negative Emissions to adapt and mitigate climate change. Large-scale carbon removal also referred to as negative emissions, has recently gained attention as a key component of climate change mitigation pathways that limit warming to 1.5 or 2°C.
The negative emissions literature present now is forward-looking and hypothetical, characterized by the results of scenario assessments and hence mostly focused on future hazards and situations. While this has sparked a lively debate about the feasibility and appropriateness of various mitigation pathways – as well as how and by whom they are built – there has been considerably less attention paid to stocktaking or efforts to learn from real-world carbon removal experiences.
Call for Papers for the Conference on Environmental Law
The organizers of the International Conference call upon the academicians, practitioners and legal professionals, representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations, research scholars, and students etc. to send their unpublished research papers on broad themes are mentioned below.
It is also proposed that the selected papers by the Committee will be published in a special volume at the conference in the form of an edited book with ISBN No. Authors of selected papers would be given an opportunity to present their papers as per the requirement of the theme during sessions on the day of the conference.
Theme and Sub-themes
Themes and Sub-theme for the Conference on Environmental Law are:
- Carbon sinks and climate change.
- Paris commitment and limiting global warming to 1.5°C: Negative emission technologies
- Biological Techniques of Carbon Dioxide Removal (CDR).
- Direct Air Capture with Carbon Storage
- Bio-Energy with Carbon Capture and Storage, “BECCS”
- Technological and geochemical processes for carbon dioxide capture
- Soil-based negative emissions, such as reforestation, soil management, and the restoration of coastal wetlands.
- Digital carbon footprints
- Climate Neutrality
FOR REGULAR UPDATES DIRECTLY ON YOUR PHONE, JOIN OUR WHATSAPP COMMUNITY!!
- Abstracts should be without bullet points in paragraph form and should not exceed 350 words.
- In addition, information regarding the context, intent, processes, findings, and conclusions should be included in the abstract.
- Co-authorship of up to 2 authors is allowed.
- All abstracts must be submitted by September 20, 2021.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by an organizing committee of scholars.
- Based on the academic exactitude, significance to the conference theme, and innovativeness of the content,
abstracts will be selected.
- Authors of accepted abstracts are invited to submit, full paper of not more than 5000 words.
- Abstract Submission (on email: [email protected]): September 20, 2021
- Registration Deadlines: September 20, 2021
- Submission of Full paper with Fee: October 20, 2021
To register, click here.
- For Students: Rs. 750/- (for single-author with co-author Rs. 1000/- if any)
- Research Scholars: Rs.1000/- (for single-author with co-author Rs.1250/-if any)
- Academicians, Practitioners/Representatives of Governmental and non-governmental organizations: Rs.1500/-per participant (Additionally Rs. 500/- for a co-author, if any)
- International Submissions: USD 20
- Participation Fee for those who are not presenting papers: Rs.500/-
Email: [email protected]
Mode of Payment
- Account Holder Name: Sharda University-Seminar
- Bank Name: ICICI Bank Ltd.
- Branch Name: Krishna Apra Royal Plaza, D-2, E(ACB), Alpha-1, Greater Noida, Gautam Budh Nagar, UP- 201306
- Account No.: 025405005815
- Branch Code: 000624
- IFSC Code: ICIC0000254
- MICR Code: 110229037
- SWIFT Code: ICICINBBCTS
- E-certificates will be provided to participants.
- Presentation Certificate will be provided to Paper Presenters only.
FOR MORE SUCH OPPORTUNITIES VISIT OUR STUDENT CORNER