About Cochin University
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) is a state government-owned autonomous university in Kochi, Kerala, India. It was founded in 1971 and has two campuses: one in Kochi, and one in Kuttanad, Alappuzha, 66 km inland. The university awards degrees in engineering and science at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels.
The university was founded in 1971 as the University of Cochin through an act of the Kerala Legislature, which was the result of a campaign for postgraduate education in the state. It was renamed Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) in February 1986. Its goals are to promote undergraduate and postgraduate studies and advanced research in applied science, technology, industry, commerce, management and social sciences.
About Cochin University Law Review
The Editorial Board of Cochin University Law Review (CULR), the flagship publication of the School of Legal Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), is inviting submissions for Volume XLIV proposed to be published in September 2021. CULR (ISSN No: 0970-0331), is a quarterly law journal published with the collective efforts of the members of the faculty of the School of Legal Studies, CUSAT.
The journal has been published since 1974 as a peer-reviewed and referred journal. CULR offers a platform for presenting original views on contemporary topics in the field of law. The subscribers of the journal include various prestigious universities and institutions imparting legal education, scholars and students, within and outside India.
Call for Papers
The Editorial Board invites submissions from academicians, practitioners, students, researchers and experts in the field of law. We prefer papers that show thorough research and a well-articulated position.
Submissions under the following categories are invited:
- Articles: Between 10,000 and 12,000 words
- Notes & comments: Between 6000 and 8000words
- Case Comments: Between 3000 and 6000words
- Book Review: Between 2000 and 4000 words
The last date for submission of manuscripts is: 31.07.2021
FOR REGULAR UPDATES DIRECTLY ON YOUR PHONE, JOIN OUR WHATSAPP COMMUNITY!!
- Submissions are accepted only in electronic form.
- Submission must be mailed to [email protected] with the title ‘SubmissionCULR 2021’.
- Submission must be made in Word format (.doc)/(.docx).
- The submission must be accompanied by a cover letter stating the title of the manuscript, name and details of the author/authors and author’s contact details.
- The cover letter should state that the article is original and that it is not published /submitted for consideration in any other publication.
- An abstract of 250 words shall be sent along with the manuscript.
- The manuscript should not contain the name and details of the author/authors.
- Co-authorship of a maximum of two persons is allowed.
- The proper acknowledgement must be given for such use of literature in the article submitted.
- The Board of editors may make such last-minute changes that are necessary to meet the requirements of space and format.
- The submission will be run through anti-plagiarism software and plagiarism in any form will result in rejection of the submission.
- The decision on publication will be intimated within two months after the submission deadline.
- Submissions must conform to the Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), 4th Edition.
- The font shall be in Times New Roman of font size 12 with a line spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes shall be in Times New Roman of font size 10 with single line spacing.
All queries are requested to be addressed to: [email protected]
The Chief Editor
Cochin University Law Review
School of Legal Studies
Cochin University of Science and Technology
FOR MORE SUCH OPPORTUNITIES VISIT OUR STUDENT CORNER