About Sports Law Sage
Sports Law Sage is a Sports Law blog with different avenues of law, founded as an initiative to provide monthly newsletter content on Sports Law. The Sports Law Sage is dedicated to the publication of original blogs, Podcasts, and other similar resources on developments in Sports Law, to encourage and stimulate the awareness and importance of the same. The realm of sports law is new in India and time and again, there has been an in-depth inquiry and research into this.
Therefore, the Founding Members, Tushar Katheria and Anvesha Pipariya have decided to create a platform where we can explore and further provide free educational content via blog post submissions and podcasts on Sports Law including different avenues of laws.
Call for Submissions
The Sports Law Sage invites original and unpublished submissions on a rolling basis, from students, researchers, policy-makers, academicians and lawyers, relating to any contemporary debates in Sports law and allied fields, including, but not limited to, intellectual Property Rights, Competition law, Human Rights, Trade and other related field having an interface with sports law. The blog posts submitted may be in the form of short articles, short notes, opinions and case comments.
The article should be an original work of the author and unpublished in any other journal or blog. The sports Law Sage Blog has a strict policy against plagiarism. Plagiarism up to 15% is only acceptable.
Submissions must be made in MS Word format only and must be mailed to [email protected]. There must be no hint of the authors’ identity in the word document submitted.
The authors are requested to include the following details in the body of the email:
- Name of Author(s), Year of Study (if applicable)/Professional Designation, and Institution or Organisation of affiliation. You may also include a short bio of around 40-50 words.
- The sources may be cited in the form of hyperlinks within the main body of the submission. In case this is not possible, the sources may be cited as endnotes.
- The content should be written in Garamond Font with a size of 12 for the main body and 10 for the endnotes. Line Spacing is to be maintained at 1.5.
- Co-authorship of up to two authors is permitted.
- The submissions should be within the word limit of 800-1000 words. However, the same would be relaxed if imperative to maintain the quality of the submission.
- The authors shall receive an Acknowledgement e-mail on the receipt of the article by the Editorial Board and confirmation of acceptance/rejection of submission once the submission is reviewed and a decision is made thereupon.
On submission to the Blog, an exclusive license to publish the work is granted by the author to the Sports Law Sage blog till a decision over publication is taken. This license will expire for those articles which are not published by the Blog. For those published, the author grants an unlimited assignment over the reproduction, communication to the public, and translation rights over the work.
Each submission shall undergo a two-stage internal review process. Our editors reserve the absolute discretion to approve or reject a post for publication. For a post to be successfully published on the blog, the author/s may be required to alter the language/grammar, justify her/his position on the law and reply to the comments of the reviewing editors.
For any further queries or assistance, please contact us at [email protected].