Academic Fellowship Programme by NLSIU Bangalore
NLSIU Bangalore is inviting applications from eligible candidates for Academic Fellowship Programme on a Contract Basis.
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) was established in 1987 to be a pioneer in legal education.
About the Programme
The 2-year full-time Academic Fellowship Programme is aimed at graduates and post-graduates from the law, social sciences, humanities and allied fields who are preparing to enter law practice or academic careers in law, public policy or the social sciences. The Fellowship programme will allow Fellows to:
- Assist NLSIU faculty on research projects and policy interventions
- Support faculty in the delivery of both on-campus and off-campus academic programmes.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best law and social sciences faculty and receive guidance and mentorship on research proposals, research writing, problem-solving and critical thinking skills. You will get an inside view of the pedagogical processes in both online and offline education at India’s best law school.
The core responsibilities will include:
- Assist the faculty in the delivery of academic programmes (both offline and online);
- Prepare learning aids, learning materials and practice questions;
- Review and update study materials under the guidance of the faculty;
- Resolve and respond to academic queries from students;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Department head.
- Collaborate with faculty on research and publications;
- Assist the faculty in ongoing research projects/case writing;
- Conduct literature reviews;
- Assist with the research and editing functions in University publications;
- Work with research projects and centres on cutting-edge issues in law/policy.
- LL.B degree OR post-graduate degree in any discipline.
- 0-3 years of work experience in an academic or professional setting with demonstrable evidence of research and writing ability.
- A strong, foundational understanding of the domain studied at the graduate and post-graduate levels.
- Analytical skills, Collation skills, Communication skills (written and oral), Technical skills, and Time-management skills.
- Self-driven, collaborative as well as the ability to work independently, attention to detail, and data-driven.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Gmail, Google Documents and Google Sheets.
Candidates with an LL.M/M.A./Ph.D. will be preferred.
- Salary will be commensurate with educational background and relevant experience.
- All Fellows will be covered under the Group Health Insurance Scheme.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates must fill out the form by clicking on the link available at the end of this post.
December 21, 2022
In case of any queries, please contact recruitment[at]nls.ac.in