Christ Academy Institute of Law (CAIL) Bangalore is organizing its 3rd National Moot Court Competition, to be held in hybrid mode on July 1-2, 2023 and from August 4-6, 2023.
About the Institute
Christ Academy Institute of Law was inaugurated on June 7, 2017. In its five years, the Institute has worked towards the attainment of the highest standards of legal education.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is used to revolutionize many sectors, including healthcare, finance, transportation, and so is the case with the military, by enhancing decision-making, and opening up new possibilities for innovation.
It has also the potential to significantly impact armed conflict by improving the effectiveness and efficiency of combat operations.
However, the use of AI in armed conflicts is not without challenges, which include defining legal personhood of AI, if any, ethical concerns, strategic implications, and other legal considerations. It is important for governments, militaries, and the international community to work together to develop guidelines and regulations for the responsible use of AI in armed conflict.
About the Competition
Christ Academy Institute of Law, Bengaluru is proud to host its 3rd National Moot Court Competition. The Moot Court Committee at CAIL, is a vibrant student-run body which envisages legal professionals with a sound base in law along with the necessary legal skills which would help the legal system in India deliver justice to the common man.
The 3rd CAIL National Moot Court Competition will be held in two phases. The Preliminary & Quarter Final rounds will be conducted online on July 2, 2023 while the Semi-Finals and Final rounds will be conducted on August 5-6, 2023at CAIL campus.
The Competition is open to bona fide undergraduate students of recognized colleges/ institutions/ universities who are currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in Law i.e. 3 year LLB or 5 year Integrated or Honour’s LLB Programme with all combinations on a regular basis.
The Preference will be given to First 30 teams who register for the competition, on a first come first served basis.
1. Each team shall comprise a maximum of three members and a minimum of two members consisting of either two speakers, or two speakers and one researcher, respectively. The number cannot be modified under any circumstances post registration.
2. Teams shall identify the speakers and researcher during registration. No extra member or observer shall be allowed. No swapping of designation of the members shall be allowed.
3. Not more than one team shall be allowed to register and participate in the competition from the same College/Institution /University.
How to Register?
- The teams can provisionally register themselves using the link given at the end of the post.
- The first 30 teams selected on first come first served basis will be given the confirmation mail along with the payment details.
- Registration fees: ₹4000 (Rupees Four Thousand Only).
The Competition shall be held in two phases:
1. Phase 1- Preliminary Rounds & Quarter Final Rounds: On July 2, 2023 (online). Venue: Google Meet URL which shall be shared with the participants at the appropriate time.
2. Phase 2 –Semi-Finals and Final Rounds: August 4-6, 2023 (Offline). Venue: Christ Academy Institute of Law, Bengaluru
- Last date for registration: May 15, 2023 by 23:59 IST.
- Last date for final registration by Payment of Registration fees: May 25, 2023.
- Last date for clarification regarding Moot Problem: May 30, 2023.
- Release of clarification regarding Moot Problem: June 1, 2023.
- Submission of Written Memorial: June 10, 2023.
- Inauguration and Draw of Lots: July 1, 2023.
- Preliminary Rounds & Quarter-Finals (Online): July 2, 2023
- Semi-finals, Finals Rounds and Valedictory (Offline): August 4-6, 2023
Communications regarding any clarification may be sought through email or through contact numbers given below.
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact Number: Ridhima Karol (Student Convenor) +91 70182 22398