About Adamas University
The Adamas University has been established by Sachis Kiran Roy Memorial Trust (SKRMT) (under the West Bengal Act IV of 2014) passed by The West Bengal Legislature and approved by The Governor. The provisions of The Adamas University Act, 2014, have come into effect on 11th April 2014, through a notification issued by The Govt. of West Bengal on the same day.
Adamas University, nestled in Barasat. Kolkata aspires to impart the finest quality education to the young minds of India, with an already established high-quality research facility and a powerful team of teachers.
While the system of imparting education will be flexible and multidisciplinary, with state-of-the-art and interactive pedagogy, the University is expected to gradually grow to accommodate other areas of study, such as Biological Sciences, Earth Sciences, Fine & Visual Arts and different branches of Medical Sciences.
About the School of Law
Having established in the year 2015 and then after constantly marching with the torch of legal education we have the vision to impart justice-oriented legal education. Our teachers including retired Judges empower students with individual attention, and extensive as well as intensive law study with clinical education.
At the School of Law and Justice, Adamas University, as the name suggests, along with law justice education is given great importance. In addition, in law teaching, we focus on the development of skills for critical and prudential judgement to make our students great professionals as the principal goal of legal education is formative rather than informative.
About the Moot Court Competition
Moot Court Competitions are one of the most important areas of every law curriculum. The exercise of mooting teaches students skills that are of utmost importance for solving complex legal problems and diligent advocacy in the court.
Law Schools play an important role in instilling and encouraging the growth of law students by hosting debates, panel discussions, International Conferences and moot court competitions as well as encouraging research and legal writing on the subjects.
As a result, the School of Law and Justice, at Adamas University is organizing a two-day National Moot Court Competition. The Moot Court Committee of Adamas University is a student-led body that works in coordination with the administration and the authorities for organizing various moot court activities. Annually, the Committee organizes National Moot Court Competitions.
- Students duly enrolled and pursuing full-time 5 years or 3 years of undergraduate law courses from India or from a foreign university with the law as a major may apply to participate in the 3rd NATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION, ADAMAS UNIVERSITY.
- Students enrolled and pursuing a post-graduate diploma or short-term certificate courses in law is not eligible to apply.
- A maximum of 5 Teams from one University/ College can participate.
How to Register?
- Each team shall register for the 3rd National Moot Court Competition, School of Law and Justice, Adamas University by filing a registration form, in the prescribed manner by 20th December.
- On receipt of the duly filled registration form, the institute shall respond to the participating team, acknowledging the receipt.
- After the deadline for registration expires, the Moot Court Committee shall respond to each registered team, with a unique team code, which shall be used to identify the teams during the competition.
- Bring a Hard Copy of the Bonafide Certificate duly signed and sealed by the competent authority of the institution.
- The registration fee for the competition is INR 1500/- for teams not availing of accommodation and INR 4000/- for teams availing of accommodation and registration. Fees in any case are non-refundable.
- The registration fee for the 3rd National Moot Court Competition is to be paid through NEFT transfer or UPI. No other payment method shall be accepted.
- Any additional charges incurred by the team while making the wire transfer are to be borne by the team.
- Payment Details:
- Name of Beneficiary: Adamas University
- Name of Bank: Bank of India
- Address: Barasat-Barrackpore Road, Barbaria, P.O Jagannathpur, District-24 Parganas (North), Kolkata-700126, West Bengal, India.
- RTGS/ IFS Code No.: BKID0004156
- Account Number: 41562011000003
- Account Type: Current
- Bank Name: Bank Of India
- Branch Name: AIT Campus Branch
Awards and Rewards
- Winners: Rs. 25,000/-
- Runners Up: Rs. 15,000/-
- Best Speaker: Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Researcher: Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 10,000/-
- Commencement of Registration: 1st December 2022
- Release of Moot Problem: 1st December 2022
- Last date of Registration: 20th December 2022
- Clarification of Queries: 23rd December 2022
- Submission of Soft Copy: 15th January 2023
- Submission of Hard Copy: 19th January 2023
- Physical Registration: 27th January 2023
- Inaugural Ceremony: 27th January 2023
- Preliminary Round and Quarter-Final Rounds: 27th January 2023
- Semi-Final Rounds and Final Round: 28th January 2023
- Valedictory Ceremony: 28th January 2023
Adamas University, Barasat, Kolkata, West Bengal; Barrackpore-Barasat Rd, 24 Parganas North, Jagannathpur, Kolkata, West Bengal – 700126.
In case of any queries, please contact solj.mootcourt[at]adamasuniversity.ac.in