About the Organization
Forum Legitimum is an Instagram page that was started by a group of law students who wanted to bring all sorts of legal information into one platform. The page typically focuses on legal facts, legal topics, maxims apart from current
affairs and other interesting content.
The organization also organizes exciting events and competitions, webinars, and workshops. All of these endeavors are solely organized for the purpose of providing legal literacy to the nation.
About the Competition
Forum Legitimum is pleased to introduce its 1st National Drafting Competition. The participants can either draft a bail or anticipatory bail. It aims to provide a unique platform to students, to put their knowledge and drafting capabilities to the test. All further details are provided below.
The Competition is open to all students of law.
- Individual: Rs.35/-
- Team of 2: Rs. 60/-
- Click on the link given at the end of this post to register.
- Click here to make the submission.
Ensure that all payment proof provided by you is genuine. In case of any discrepancies, you will be disqualified.
In case of team registration, ensure that the payment is made by one person only.
Kindly ensure that you are entering the right amount before paying.
You can pay us via Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe or Bank transfer.
The details for the same are as follows:
- Google Pay: 9080019481 (Name: Aksharaa Gopalakrishnan)
- Paytm: 9080019481 (Name: Aksharaa Gopalakrishnan)
- PhonePe: 9710307999 (Name: Jayavarshni V)
- Bank Transfer:
- Account Number: 047810116321
- IFSC: IPOS0000001
- Account Holder’s Name: Jayavarshni V
- Winner: Rs. 300/- + Certificate of merit
- Runner up: Rs. 200/- + Certificate of merit
- 2nd Runner up: Rs. 100/- + Certificate of merit
- Top 10 will get a Certificate of Excellence
- Certificate of participation will be provided to all the participants
- Internship opportunities will also be provided to the Top 10
- Last Date for Registration: October 10, 2021.
- Date of Submission: October 15, 2021
- Declaration of Result: Will be announced later.
Rules & Regulations
- The Bail and Anticipatory Bail Application shall be drafted on the basis of the Problem Statement.
- The number of participants can be 1 or 2. In either case, the prize amount will be the same. It can be divided between the participants as they wish.
- The problem and Clarifications will be provided in our official WhatsApp group.
- No entries will be accepted after October 15, 2021, 11:59 PM.
- Soliciting assistance from legal professionals with or without consideration is strictly prohibited.
- Formatting: Font style – Times New Roman, font size – 12, line spacing – 1.5, justified alignment, paragraph spacing – 0 pt. before and after, 1 inch margin on all sides.
- Plagiarism must not exceed 20%.
- The Draft shall be drafted in English language only.
- The Draft shall not exceed more than 5 Legal-sized typewritten pages, excluding the cover page.
- The final copy must be submitted only in .pdf /.doc /.docx format.
- The document containing the Draft shall not reveal the identity of the participants, in any manner whatsoever.
- The decision of the Organizers shall be final and binding in relation to any matter connected with the competition.
- Participants are advised to register beforehand to ensure that they have sufficient time to prepare.
- Any technical issue faced by any participant shall entirely be at his responsibility and organizers are not liable towards the same.
- The date of declaration of results will be announced later.
- All certificates shall be in digital form and will be sent on the e-mail ID provided in the Google Form.
Criteria for Judging
Applications will be marked on a scale of 50 marks as per the following criteria:
- Clarity of facts: 5 marks
- Research and its usage; 10 marks
- Usage of Legal Language: 10 marks
- Use of pre-judgments and acts: 10 marks
- Alignment Skill & Correlation of Issues: 10 marks
- Utilization of Submission Rules: 5 marks
Delay in submission, lack of professionalism, non-adherence to rules, any kind of malpractice, excessive plagiarism, lack of proper language, use of unparliamentary language, etc will lead to a reduction of marks, and if necessary, disqualification.
For queries or clarifications, please feel free to write to at [email protected]