13th M. K. Nambyar Memorial National Moot Court Competition by Karnatak Law Society’s Raja Lakhamgouda Law College [March 10-12]
Karnatak Law Society’s Raja Lakhamgouda Law College is organizing the 13th M. K. Nambyar Memorial National Moot Court Competition.
About the College
Karnatak Law Society’s Raja Lakhamgouda Law College, Belagavi, one of the oldest law colleges in India and a premier institution of legal education in South India, was established in 1939 by Karnatak Law Society, Belagavi, as a part of its solemn resolve to impart quality legal education.
The College celebrated its Platinum Jubilee, with the presence of the Honorable President of India and attended by the Chief Justice of India, the Governor of Karnataka, the Attorney General of India, the Chief Minister of Karnataka, and several Supreme Court Judges.
Karnatak Law Society’s Raja Lakhamgouda Law College has contributed the most competent personalities not only to the Bench and the Bar but also to every walk of life. It has done yeoman service to the cause of legal education in this part of the country.
About the Competition
The 13th M. K. Nambyar Memorial National Level Moot Court Competition has always served as a platform for students to compete and socialise with people from all over India. It will be an excellent opportunity for students to channelise their intellectual skills by participating in the Moot Court Competition.
- Law Schools, Law Colleges, and Law Universities, recognized by the Bar Council of India, are eligible to participate in the competition.
- The participants should currently be pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in Law i.e., a Three-Year or Five-Year Law Course and must have studied Constitutional Law subject in their course.
- Students who have not yet studied Constitutional Law as one of the subjects are not eligible.
Composition of Teams
Each team shall comprise two Mooters and may also have a Researcher. The team members must have completed both doses of covid vaccination.
The language of the Competition shall be English.
- Each Participating team shall duly fill out the registration form provided herewith and send it along with the Registration fee of Rs. 3,300 + GST i.e., Rs. 3,894, which is not refundable. However, if the application is not accepted, the registration fee will be refunded.
- The registration fees may be sent through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “PRINCIPAL, R. L. LAW COLLEGE, BELAGAVI” PAYABLE AT BELAGAVI. Alternatively, participants may transfer the fees digitally (NEFT, IMPS, UPI) to the following account:
- Account Name: The Principal, R. L. Law College, Belagavi.
- Bank Name: Union Bank of India, KLS Branch, Tilakwadi, Belagavi.
- Account Number: 520101210326782
- IFS Code: UBIN0920037
How to Submit?
Soft copies of the Memorials shall be sent through email to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format. The Team Code of the participant college/institution followed by the letter P for the Petitioner and R for the Respondent shall be the file name of the soft copy of the Memorials.
Awards and Rewards
- Winner: Rs. 30,000/-
- Runners-Up: Rs. 20,000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 10,000/-
- Best Speaker (Male): Rs. 10,000/-
- Best Speaker (Female): Rs. 10,000/-
- In addition to the above prizes, Advocate Ashok N. Potdar Cash Prize for Best Speaker will be given.
- The Winner and Runners-up will be awarded Certificates of Merit and all other participants will receive Certificates of Participation.
The competition will be conducted in physical mode.
- Release of Moot Problem and Rules: December 17, 2022
- Last Date of Registration: January 31, 2023
- Last date to submit a soft copy of Memorials: February 20, 2023
- Last date to submit hard copies of Memorials: February 28, 2023
- M. K. Nambyar Memorial National Level Moot Court Competition to be held on 10th, 11th and 12th March 2023.
In case of any queries, please contact email@example.com